City-owned rental apartmentsThe city has approximately 180 rental apartments, of which the majority are “arava” apartments. Of these, approximately 24 are privately financed and approximately 39 are youth housing apartments, meant for those under 26 years of age.
Starting 1 January 2011 all new rental agreements will include a one-month security deposit. For youth housing apartments, the deposit is €1,000.
For whom are the apartments?- Anyone can apply for a city-owned rental apartment.
- Youth housing apartments are meant for fixed-term renting by persons aged from 18 to 26 years. Six-year (6) fixed-term rental agreements will be made with all selected lodgers and a €1,000 security deposit will be collected.
- Senior housing can be applied for by senior citizens resident in Kauniainen, in other words those who are in Kauniainen’s population register.
Housing applications, along with directions, can be found in the lobby of City Hall. The form in Finnish can also be printed using the link below. Asuntohakemuslomake (doc) (221 KB)
Housing AllowanceCitizens with low income can apply for Kela (The Social Insurance Institution of Finland) housing allowances financed by the state, for the cost of living.
Kela manages housing allowances as follows:
- General housing allowance
- Housing allowance for pensioners
- Housing supplement for students
- Conscript housing assistance
www.kela.fi > Housing benefits >